For those that do not know, I participate in a monthly dinner club that we lovingly call Iron Chef. The gist is the duty of hosting the dinner party rotates every month, the host/hostess gets to select an "ingredient", and all guests must bring a dish incorporating that ingredient. I'll make another post with more details about the iron chef club as well as a list of ingredients we've done in the past.
November 2014 ingredient is eggs. I have signed up to bring an appetizer of different style deviled eggs. Following are different varieties I've found and need to narrow the list to 3-4. Dear readers, take a peek and let me know which ones whet your appetite! (Not included is a tiramisu option that made me feel kinda sick looking at it).
Truffle
http://myeasygourmet.net/truffle-deviled-eggs/
Fig with Prosciutto and Balsamic Glaze
http://jellytoastblog.com/2014/04/fig-deviled-eggs.html/
Avocado Herb
http://www.coffeeandquinoa.com/2014/05/avocado-herb-deviled-eggs/
Curry Ginger Carrot, Guac & Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato and Pumpkin Seeds (3 kinds)
http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/devilled-eggs-three-ways/
Dijon with Carmelized Shallots
http://www.cookingwithkale.com/2014/04/dijon-deviled-eggs.html
Curried
http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/fabulous-five-ingredient-curried-deviled-eggs
Bacon
http://onetwosimplecooking.com/blog/2014/8/26/bacon-deviled-eggs
Avocado Sriracha
http://www.cookincanuck.com/2014/10/devilish-avocado-sriracha-deviled-eggs-recipe/
I may have to make a couple test rounds and bring them to work for the masses to opine. Will keep you posted, but in the meantime, let me know which ones you'd most want to try. Thanks for your foodie input!
ABOCADO!! Both avocado ones look yummy, especially sriracha. The shallot dijon one also sounds awesome. What did you go with?
ReplyDelete