Last week I caved and decided to download the Pokemon Go app that everyone is talking about. The app is free to download and play; there are some in-app purchases you can make, but I didn't explore any of them. The game connects to your camera, you walk around and these little creatures pop up on your screen. You then touch the "ball" that looks like a red and white bobber and use your finger to flick it at the creature and try to catch it (based on the ones I've seen, the creatures don't move and have a little target that pops up to help you aim). Once caught, you get a congratulatory note and some display showing a bunch of numbers and points. I have no idea what they mean.
You continue walking around doing this, and increasing levels the more you catch. Someone told me if I catch two of the same Pokemon creature, I can trade them in for candy from the Professor. I don't know who the Professor is or why he gives candy or what I do with the candy. I was also shown something called a Pokestop that you spin and get free stuff--additional balls and some other things I don't know how to use. There is another feature called a "gym" where you can battle other players; you can't get in unless you are a level 5, which I'm not yet, so I can't tell you anything about that. I also don't know why you'd battle other players.
The common trend that I noticed, and probably have too by now is that I have no idea what the point of this game is or what I'm supposed to be attempting to accomplish. I decided to do some online reading and research to figure out what the heck I was supposed to be doing. After about a paragraph into the world of Pokemon Go, I realized I just don't care. I closed the browser and haven't looked back. Sorry, you'll have to get your Pokemon info elsewhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment