Well isn't this post timely with our early springy weather!
52 Lists - Week 10 - List the ways you can cleanse for spring
- Declutter, declutter, declutter. Is it weird that I kind of look forward to spring cleaning?
- Clothes. I just moved in October, so I did a lot of my purging then, but normally I go through all my clothes and decide what I haven't worn, what is worn out, and get rid of it. The stuff that doesn't fit or I'm not entirely ready to part with I give to my friend, Annie. She wears them and knows that the rule is if I ever want them back (ie if I can ever fit my fat rolls back into them that I can have them back), in the meantime those lovely garments get to be worn and enjoyed. I absolutely love (and admittedly also hate a little) when Annie gets compliments wearing something of mine that I can no longer fit into. Why are we suck complicated creatures? Or maybe I'm just immature? Moving along...
- Wipe down the baseboards; dust bunnies be gone!
- De-stink and cleanse the laundry and dishwasher with a vinegar and baking soda rinse. Look it up online for how-to.
- Wash the windows. I just cleaned the windows in my rental unit and OMG it was like a whole new view. The towel was literally black. Do this on a sun shiney day to get the most bang for your effort.
- Toss tupperware that no longer has a lid or a base. How does that happen, anyway?
- Take down my Christmas decorations--this is probably a special item unique to my list because as of March 18th there are still Christmas lights on my garage, santas and snowmen decorating my shelves. I think I can have these put away by May 1st.
- Complete all my real estate continuing education classes. I like to do this in Feb, March and April before the weather gets nice.
- Polish shoes and wipe off all the salt stains that have built up
- Dry clean or launder all bedding, including pillows and duvet
- Get back on track with my 10K steps a day and going to the gym 12 times/month to get my health insurance discount
- Get a haircut!
- Do my taxes
- File away important papers and stuff I want to keep
- Organize a golf league
- Maybe sign up for tennis lessons this year?
52 Lists - Week 11 - List your essentials
- Rodan + Fields Redefine skin care line, especially the eye cream and lip serum
- Sunscreen: I like R+F or Neutrogena
- Maybelline Full n Soft mascara
- Vaseline mini tub for my purse
- Jif peanut butter
- White cheddar mac n cheese
- Slippers
- Target tanks
- Pants with an elastic waistband
- Peep toe, snake skin print Enzo Angiolini pumps--these were my essential for so long that I wore the heel down to the metal post twice and now finally wore a hole through the ball of the foot. I still keep them because they were the best shoes EVER. I would buy 10 pairs if I could find them again.
- Parka that goes down to your knees--must have and game changer for MN winters
- Heated seats in the car
- Water
- Sweet treats after
mostevery meals - Time with my girl friends
- Sleep, sleep, sleep
- Aveda comforting team
- Volunteer work
- Eyebrow waxes and brow defining powder
- Plants
- Recycling--I seriously cry inside when I see someone throw away a recyclable
- My parents, seriously they are life savers
Love your essentials list! Especially 1 & 2 :)
ReplyDeleteI'm inspired by your spring ckeaning list. I just competed your Tupperware drawer task.
ReplyDelete