I desperately want a new morning routine on the weekdays. Right now my routine looks like this: alarm goes off around 7am, then I hit snooze for an hour, then I jump out of bed and rush around like a crazy person getting ready, and get to work around 9am. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I start every morning like I overslept and a total stressful mess. It's pathetic.
If you recall from my NYE, I would like to get to work earlier (8:30 or 8:45am even), and I would like to not start my day as a stressed out idiot every morning. Despite desperately WANTING to be different, I struggle so much to get my a$$ out of bed in the morning. Sometimes I will only hit snooze for maybe 20 minutes, and then lay in bed reading some emails, checking FB, and catching up on my Trivia Crack or Words with Friends moves. It is a bit of a mystery that I can't get my lazy butt out of bed before 8am, because I really don't stay up late...maybe 10:30-11pm most nights, sometimes as early as 9:30 or 10pm. The really unfair part about this is two fold: 1) even though I am not a morning person, I'm not a night owl either; 2) despite getting a solid 8+ hours of sleep a night, I'm still tired! As an aside, this fact has made me want to do a sleep study for the past couple years...maybe 2015 will be it!
Is it possible to sleep TOO much? I asked my doctor that very question at my most recent physical, and she just said "everyone else I see complains about not getting enough sleep or is sick because they don't get enough sleep, so I'm not worried about you sleeping too much." Not much of a medically based answer, but apparently there is nothing medically wrong with me--is laziness a disease, can I take a pill for that? Is that what recreational ritalin use is for? I think I saw a Desperate Housewives episode like that where Lynnette Scavo was taking her kids ADD meds and being super productive vacuuming at like 2am. I digress.
So now it is time to shame me, and give me a reality check. What is YOUR morning routine? After everyone with children, especially young, sleep depriving children, scares the living daylights out of me and reinforces yet another reason why I'm not ready to be a mother, can you please tell me what your morning routine was like BEFORE children ruined anything involving you having your own schedule and all things related to the word sleep? I am curious to know when you go to bed, how much sleep you get, what time you wake up, is it hard to get up in the morning or do you feel rested, right eyed and bushy tailed when the alarm goes off (Cherie, I know this is you, and I simultaneously admire and hate you at the same time), what all do you do in the morning before heading to work, how much coffee does this require (perhaps I need more caffeine to make this transition a reality)? Tell me everything about being a productive (or at least awake) member of society before 8am.
No comments:
Post a Comment