So my last two IJL dates definitely went in the wrong direction. I actually called with feedback today saying I think they are getting worse at picking out matches rather than better and that maybe we need to talk again or meet so they can get a better sense of who I am and what I'm looking for. Hoping that will lead to better outcomes.
The past two guys were both in their mid 20s; I just felt like we were in totally different stages of life and interests. One guy lived all the way out in Rogers, didn't look like he combed his hair, was very uncomfortable in a "hoity toity" place like Pittsburgh Blue, and joined IJL because he was bored of watching Netflix every day. The guy last night is a science teacher and coaches multiple sports, which is great, but he doesn't have much free time. He lives out in Inver Grove Heights and brought up twice that he doesn't go to movies because they aren't worth the $12 for a ticket and don't even get him started on popcorn and snacks. I appreciate someone living within their means, but I felt so turned off by the idea that going to a movie was out of the question. He likes craft beer, but he couldn't name a single brewery he's been to in the cities. Bless his heart, he actually took notes on a couple things I mentioned that I thought were cool (Tin Whiskers for instance--since he is a science teacher, lives and works in St. Paul, and likes beer). He just seemed like a sheltered college student...he graduated in 2011. I felt old. That is never a way to a girls heart, no fault of his own, but still.
I told them today that I need a hard limit of 30 as the absolute youngest and if they are going to edge outside the range, I think I'd prefer to go into the 40s than into the 20s. I am actually shocked that 4 of the 6 guys they've set me up with have been under 30; I thought their main demographic would definitely be older. I also said I need someone more comfortable and funny; these dates are so boring. Even the guys at the table next to me at Pittsburgh Blue last week chatted me up when my date went the bathroom saying I could do better and that eavesdropping on our convo was pretty painful. Sheesh.
Next guy is 38 and has 2 kids, so we'll see if swinging a complete 180 does the trick! Am I being too picky?!
No comments:
Post a Comment