Wednesday, February 3, 2016

January Check In

So I wondered if I did a check in on my goals at the end of every month, rather than just the end of the year, if it would help me make better progress on my goals.  So here is the recap for January:

  • Save for retirement: Monthly, automatic contributions set up.
  • Save for home remodel: Saved at least $400 in January for this item, need to update my spending log to determine if I was able to stay within my budget.
  • Other house projects: No progres here yet.
  • Real estate and insurance license CE: None yet.  Waiting for more class options to be released.
  • PMP certification: Thinking of scratching this from the list as the online class I registered for is pretty painful to watch although it is 23 hours long, it doesn't count for the required hours to take the PMP exam, so I'm not seeing the value of investing the time in it.  I also have some big opportunities to take a larger role at work and feeling like investing time there is more worthwhile to my career.
  • Read 15 books
    • Station Eleven
    • Everything I Never Told You
    • All the Light We Cannot See (80% complete)
  • Donate 4.25% to charity: Set up automatic, monthly donations to my charities.
  • Apocalypse Survival Skills: As previously discussed, I'm not into surviving the apocalypse.
  • Self improvement: got a pizza cutter!
  • Cook at home more, eat out less, and not waste food: Researched adding organics recycling pickup, unfortunately not available unless my association adopts the program.  Room to improve on cooking at home more.  
  • Lose 10 lbs. When I do eat at home, I'm focused on cooking healthy.  Also I worked out twice last week, and am registered for two classes this week.  Anna and I went for a walk last weekend too--incorporating exercise into social time.
  • Buy an at home spray tan kit and learn how to use it.  Did a bit of research on training and a system.  
  • Become a master at Turbo Kick: Absolutely no progress.
  • Hike highest peaks in 4 states
    • Arkansas (when I visit Liz!)
    • Iowa (just a matter of doing a day trip)
    • Upcoming trips for work in Ohio and Alabama may provide opportunity to hit those two states.

No comments:

Post a Comment