Even though this is probably the warmest November in the history of Minnesota (it is currently raining because it is not cold enough to snow), my lame-o skin is already dry, flaky and in need of some serious moisture. The Aveda* moisturizing mask I started using weekly is not cutting it; I need a daily line of defense. A quick google search on "best face lotion for dry winter skin" turned up some great results--the first of which is a jar of La Mer face cream for a paltry $2,060. At least it is for a 16.5oz jar. I could go through that in about a week if the weather dips below 20 degrees. Someone needs to re-calibrate the big brother algorithm that monitors everything I do on my computer if they think it is likely I would be interested in buying this lotion. Where is the industrial tub of vaseline (I mean generic Equate)?!
The search continues (I'm adding inexpensive to the search terms). If you have any tried and true products to recommend, I am interested! If you have purchased this La Mer face gold, please tell me everything about your life!
*Aveda gets an asterisk because I have a love/hate relationship with Aveda. I love the smell of the products, and I love the idea of it being all natural. I don't love the price, but what is really difficult for me to wrap my head around is that I'm buying all natural products to fight what naturally happens to the body. Trying to change a natural and inevitable outcome should really necessitate the use of something that isn't natural, right? Probably a more logical (and money saving) conclusion** would be to embrace aging and not fight it at all. I'll let you know if I ever become the first woman ever that manages to achieve this. In the meantime, my online beauty product shopping cart is at $54.17 right now.
**Along with my deteriorating skin, my brain took a while to remember the word conclusion. Solution was the best I could do. I knew there was another word that was a better choice, but I couldn't identify it. Turning 35 in a month is feeling a bit scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment