Thursday, March 30, 2017

Impulse Purchases

So I put an offer in on a house this past Sunday.  Surprise to everyone, including me!

It is located in Plymouth off 169 and Rockford Road, and had the following amenities that lured me to make an offer:

  • It is closer to downtown/St. Paul than my current abode (albeit only 1 mile), and a lot closer (one exit) to my manual labor and dog sitters (parents).  
  • It also had a better entryway with more closer space and room for guests to enter the house.  I hate that shoes block either the walkway to the rest of the house or to the bathroom when guests are over.
  • 4 bedrooms.  Melissa is going to move with me, and I want a guestroom as well as an extra space for a dedicated office now that I'm working from home more often.
  • An attached garage.
  • A screened in porch.
  • A killer deck AND patio AND hot tub with a "swim up" bar!  To be honest, this outdoor living space is what truly sold me.
  • A yard for the dogs and a walk out basement to let them out.
Alas, this house encourage a lot of people to make an offer, and it had 3 other offers come in at the same time as mine.  My offer was not the one selected; I wasn't willing to pay more than market value for the home in a bidding war, nor am I ready to move until May since I have another home that is still torn up and under construction and NOT ready to be sold.  

If you are really interested, here is a link to check it out!  I'll keep you posted if I make any more offers.


No comments:

Post a Comment