Thursday, October 26, 2017

More closet cleaning outing

Annie recently inspired me to re-visit my closet and get serious about paring it down and starting fresh.  The part I am dreading most about this process is re-living what happened last time I did a closet purge.  I offered up anything a group of girl friends wanted to take before the massive pile went to the thrift store donation bin and found out one friend was suggesting the items that I was getting rid of because I could no longer fit into them as good MATERNITY wear for some of our other friends.  Uffda. 

Tonight I removed all the clothes from my closet that do not currently fit (too small, nothing is too big of course).  I was pleasantly surprised that I don't have as many pieces falling into that category as I expected; my closet still looks completely full however.  How many is reasonable to keep?  The article says to ditch them all; styles will be different, and I'll likely want to celebrate this mythical weight loss by purchasing a bunch of new items.  Still, I don't want to spend a fortune to buy a bunch of new things when I have perfectly good ones.  15 pieces?

And what about workout clothes, pjs, tshirts, tanks, etc.  Any advice or suggestions?  How many clothes do you own?  Are you rocking the capsule wardrobe or minimalist look?  Inquiring minds want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment