Friday, April 24, 2015

52 Lists - Weeks 13 - 16

Time to catch up on my 52 lists.

Week 13 - List of things I want to make.  Holy Pinterest.  Where to start?!

  • Tufted head board
  • Roman shades
  • Earrings
  • Solid perfume
  • One of those paper flower wreath thingys out of pages from a book
  • Painted cabinets
  • Distress furniture
  • Something with pallets!
  • Rack of lamb
  • Herb garden
  • An app


Week 14 - List of childhood and current dream jobs.
  • Childhood
    • I used to like husking corn on the cob as a kid and once told my parents I wanted to be a "Corner" which they heard as "Coroner" and were panicked at where they went wrong that their little girl wanted to work with dead people
    • Business woman
    • Princess
    • Pilot
    • Someone who makes the clues on Jeopardy (I'd still dig that job)
  • Current
    • Princess would still be pretty sweet
    • Owner/teacher at daycare for low income families as part of a Head Start program
    • Realtor (that can survive off realtor earnings alone)
    • Thinking up a cool app
    • Reinsurance broker originator (I do servicing of existing accounts but would be totally stoked to actually produce an account)
    • Risk manager at a hospital
    • Something working on universal healthcare
    • A writer
    • Food taster, not necessarily a critic, but something involving eating lots of food

Week 15 - List of favorite quotes.  This is a really fun one, and I wish I could spend more time on it.  Would especially love to hear your faves.
  • "Well, I don't wanna be an adult anymore.  It's very hard." Jack from Will & Grace
  • "Happy girls are the prettiest" Audrey Hepburn
  • "You can't be sad when you're holding a cupcake" one of those ecard things
  • "We are only as good as the work we do today" the Pres and CEO of my company
  • "Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi
  • "All I want for Christmas....is you!" best when screamed at the top of lungs with good girlfriends
  • "My gina burped....that's called a queef, Ellie" the one and only Tara Bubb.  Actually most anything said by Tara Bubb ranks up there.

Week 16 - List your favorite books.  Barbara Kingsolver and Nicholas Evans are my faves.
  • Smoke Jumper.  For a long time I've thought this was my fave book, but I've only read it once.  I probably should read it again to see if I still like it.  I fell in love with this one and the Horse Whisperer at the same time.  I dig Nicholas Evans.
  • Poisonwood Bible 
  • Everything by Barbara Kingsolver
  • Red Tent
  • Harry Potter series
  • The Alchemist
  • Memoirs of a Geisha
  • A Thousand Acres
  • Unbroken
  • Still Alice
  • The Kite Runner
  • The Hunger Games
  • Pride & Prejudice (loved this book in high school)
  • East of Eden
  • The Glass Castle
  • Gone Girl -- I wouldn't read it again but it totally blew my mind and I devoured it
  • The Pillars of the Eath
  • The Secret Life of Bees
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment