Friday, July 25, 2014

Favorite Moments of the Week (7//21/14 - 7/25/14)

Monday

  • Giving my dad a thank you card for meeting a contractor at my condo to give an estimate on a shower door, setting up a new shelf in my garage, sweeping my garage, taking Friday to the vet, and in general being an awesome pop
Tuesday
  • Picking up a new shirt at Banana Republic - purchased inspired by Sara Romanski (however, she is not pictured)
  • Enjoying a bowl of Corn Chowder at Barrio in Edina.  OMG, so good!
Wednesday
  • Finding out Chris will not be in town while I am in Denver (that isn't the good news), but it does mean I get Friday afternoon and all day Monday for bonding time with little Robinson!  
  • Hosting a successful first Jamberry party and bringing on a new recruit
Thursday
  • Attending Ryan's softball game in Crystal wearing a shift dress from Ann Taylor because I remembered to pack jeans to change into after work but forgot a shirt 
  • Being told by one of Ryan's teammate (in a disgusted voice) "Damn, girl, you are really pale.  I don't mean to be mean, but do you ever go in the sunlight?"  
  • After only having dates involving Ryan playing softball and me standing around watching with a bunch of women smokers, which I was invited to repeat again on Saturday; we finally have a date planned that does not involve his softball team.  He's coming over for dinner on Sunday; he informed me he would contribute packing an overnight bag.  A surprising and optimistic plan on his part.  Stay tuned for that update on Monday...
Friday
  • Getting a ringing line instead of a busy signal when I called in to win Booty Cruise tickets from KDWB--my hopes and dreams were dashed but it ringing until it disconnected me from the line. Progress though!
  • Feeling like a stud at my meeting with my financial planner who asked if I could introduce her to a few people she is interested in calling on as customers 
  • Anna Snow sending me the following text message: "Jack picked up a pair of my Stuart Weitzmans [side bar, I can only imagine they were patent leather heels] and said 'Micki shoes'.  He already knows your style".  Jack: you won't say hi to me when I'm over and frequently say "No Micki", but then we catch you praying for me at bedtime and appreciating my footwear.  When are you going to quit playing so hard to get?!  
  • Restroom signs labeled "Inboard" and "Outboard" instead of "Women" and "Men".
  • Dad called and said he is going to paint my bathroom today while I'm at work.  Score!  Get out the thank you cards!  

No comments:

Post a Comment