Wednesday, February 25, 2015

52 Lists - Week 8 - List your favorite albums

52 Lists - Week 8 - List your favorite albums

The list prompt for this  week is pretty comical to me because I know nothing about music--singers, albums, song titles, what people look like, what band they were in.

I will tell you the few albums I've owned and listened to in entirety more than once.  Enjoy this trip down memory lane.


  • Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill


  • The Presidents of the United States of America - self titled album.  Man, my angsty, bad ass teenage self could really "rage" to this album   




  • Bush - Sixteen Stone.  Who did not want to date Gavin Rossdale?  Machine Head and Glycerine, baby.
  • Green Day - Dookie.
  • Counting Crows - August and Everything After.  I still love this group.
  • Better than Ezra - I have almost all their albums and would have to call this my "favorite band" if forced to give an answer that I could substantiate in any way.  My first college boyfriend was from New Orleans and loved them, so naturally, I did too.
  • Amy Grant - Home for Christmas.  I freaking love this Christmas album.  Mary's song is my favorite.  It was the one song I wanted to learn how to play well on the piano, back when I was a kid taking lessons and again when I used to have that little piano at my first condo.  I never learned how to play it even a little well.  A goal for another new years I suppose.
  • Juvenile - 400 Degreez also gets honorable mention.  I don't know that I ever listened to the whole album, but I did PURCHASE it and print out two copies of the lyrics so that Anna Mandile and I could memorize and practice rapping "Back that Ass Up" when we carpooled to school. EVERY. DAY. Hoe, who is you playin wit? 


1 comment:

  1. I hope this blog post comes up when Anna Mandile googles her name.

    ReplyDelete