Thursday, February 19, 2015

Beachbody

Big milestone for Micki today!  I made an ebay profile, bid on something, and "won" my first bidding war for an item.  The suspense of watching the clock count down the last 1 and 27 seconds and see the other person go up a dollar at a time was thrilling.  

I am now the proud winner/owner of Beachbody guru Chalene Johnson's workout regimen called Turbo Fire.  It's a combination of awesome music, with mild intensity cardio/dance/kickboxing moves, and then a couple short bursts of high intensity intervals in between.  It's a fun and sweat filled workout.  I used to take a group fitness for it a year or so ago and totally loved it...until my adorable instructor got prego and was "too tired" to teach it anymore.  Wah wah.  Her daughter is getting close to a year now, so I am praying every day that she restarts the weekly class.  



I have been making this same prayer for the past 18 months, so I finally bit the bullet and bought the at home DVDs.  I can't find anywhere else in the city that teaches this class!  My ultimate goal now is to do the at home work out and get good at all the moves (not to mention in shape enough to do the whole thing without dying), and then potentially do the teacher training so I can bring this awesome, fun workout to others.  

Let me know if you want to turbo with me!


1 comment: