Monday, December 29, 2014

This weeks to-do list

Are you amazed by how many posts I can write about lists?  Maybe dismayed is a better word.  Nevertheless, here you get to see my week's to-do list.  Mothers, how does this compare to your week's to-do list?  I bet it would rock my selfish world.  I've finished some of these...making the most of being home sick today.  I might be able to get to them all by this weekend.


  • wash sheets after done being sick (I came down with a cold yesterday)
  • replace blanket on bed (I'm currently using a scratchy old electric blanket that I can't find the cord for as an extra layer on my bed in an attempt to not keep the heat so high overnight; yesterday I bought one of those super soft ones in a pretty grey color to go with my new bedding...will wait to put that on after I'm not snotting everywhere too)
  • buy grey tights to go with new Stitch Fix dress
  • finish handing out Christmas presents
  • post Stitch Fix #4 to blog
  • call about getting a bigger recycling bin (every other week is not often enough; we produce way more recycling than garbage.  do you ever wonder like I do if you are recycling wrong based on the every other week and teeny tiny bin set up?)
  • clean humidifiers (they are nasty from last year and I thought it may help my sore throat to run one)
  • clean my bathroom (I really wanted to take a hot bath last night but realized my tub should be scrubbed first...big time bummer.  no joke, I thought about calling Anna or Liz to see if I could relax in one of theirs because they have beautiful, separate jetted tubs apart form their showers)
  • clean Katie's bathroom (if mine needs to be done, I'm sure hers is in worse shape)
  • clean the guest bath (when in Rome...)
  • clean make up brushes (seems like a good idea to start 2015 make up off fresh)
  • schedule hard water test (apparently Hopkins has terribly hard water and I want to see if my water softener is working)
  • research a water filter for home or at least kitchen sink (I want to get rid of my Britta and be able to drink tap water, so want to get a filter for under that sink or maybe even for the whole house...I'm sure the Culligan man will be tickled pink with that idea)
  • renew library book
  • confirm centerpoint energy bill for Chasewood properties (got a bill for over $100 with both of my Chasewood addresses on it, not sure if it's really mine or a tenants...always fun to get random, unexpected bills for hundreds of dollars right after the most expensive holiday of the year)  it was my bill...nuts
  • sync iPad (hadn't done my phone in almost 6 months...guessing iPad is worse)
  • clean car interior
  • install winter floor mats in car
  • pick out faucets for bathroom (Dad is resuming the master bath remodel this week)
  • LBD for birthday party (I made my invite and realized I am not sure I have an LBD to wear to my own party.  DOH!)
  • organize closet (got fancy new hangers and some shelving to take my closet to the next level)
  • book Duluth trip hotel
  • return rugs to Home Goods
  • blog entry on Christmas loot
  • make NYE plans!
  • submit new HSA forms
  • NYE groceries and booze
  • set up Chasewood direct debit accounts

1 comment:

  1. Your list has me half jealous, half stressed. Shopping for new blankets? Returning stuff to Home Goods? Blogging? I'm in. But you lost me when you got into researxhing water filters, cleaning bathrooms, and looking into energy bills. Gross. Your list really isn't that far off of my own!

    ReplyDelete