Now accepting ideas for lists the last half of the year!
I will attempt to make up my own lists (aka steal from other lists I found googling online)
Week 22 - List the jobs you've had
- Local, weekly newspaper delivery. My brother signed up to deliver the local New Hope paper once a week, when he lost interest I took it over for awhile. I think my dad ended up doing for awhile too.
- Proex - I worked there part time in high school developing rolls of film people dropped off and was trained to take portraits for family pics, xmas cards, etc
- Babysitter/Nanny/Slave - started when I was a pre-teen trying to start my own Babysitter's Club that exists much more successfully today!
- Paralegal Assistant - in college I worked part time at a big law firm in Milwaukee, mostly for Corporate attorneys. I actually ended up doing a lot more babysitting for the partners than I did in a professional capacity (the pay was a lot better too)!
- Target Executive Team Lead - co-managed a store in Brooklyn Center. I was one of the nerds in red and khaki wearing the walkie talkies and getting yelled at because we would not accept a 30 cent expired coupon or comping a customer a free pair of shoes because some a-hole stole someone's as she was trying on a pair. Worst job ever. EVER! My parents even hated that job; I was living at home at the time, and they begged me to quit.
- Reinsurance broker - the fleeing of Target led me to a career I never knew existed and I'm still here 9 years later. I rock spreadsheets, pretend to understand what actuaries are saying, manage projects, and occasionally get to wine and dine clients.
- Real estate agent - playing with this career on the side has been a lovely hobby that I sometimes make money doing.
Week 23 - Favorite childhood TV shows
- Duck Tales
- Rescue Rangers
- Jem
- He-Man, by the power of Greyskull!
- Xmen
- Price is Right
- Matlock (watched this with my Grandma Mel all the time; also Love Boat if I was home sick from school)
- Full House
- Fresh Prince
- Saved by the Bell (I stumbled across this one day and was hooked; it was the episode where Jessy got addicted to caffeine pills--scandalous!)
- Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman -- this was a family night show
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Jetsons
No comments:
Post a Comment