Friday, October 10, 2014

Escape Msp

I went to an event with a few friends last night called Escape Msp.  I would describe it as an interactive mystery.  You are greeted when you arrive as "agent", and given a manila folder marked confidential.  In it are various documents outlining the criminal (Mr. Dupree), his personal info (DOB, family line, background, employer, education, etc), his crimes (money laundering, racketeering, drug trafficking, etc), along with a mission (to find SD cards, video footage, SIM cards, and the date/location of an upcoming meeting with a known criminal associate).

Your team enters "Mr. Dupree's office" and is given 60 minutes to find all the items and exit the room before the criminal mastermind returns.  Once in the space, you must look for clues, evidence, and work as a team to find the items.  At the end of the mission, you are given a score based on what all you found, if you discovered the correct meeting date and place, how long it took you to do this and exit the room successfully, and how many clues/prompts you needed to complete the task.  The staff posts a leader board with the top 5 best scores, and the success rate of escaping the room.

The success rate of escaping the room is only about 23% and the top 5 scores are in the 1,300-1,680 range.  Our team of 8 did manage to escape the room (with barely 2 minutes to spare), and we scored 1,121 points.  Not enough to get on the leader board, but by far better than the average.

So far, it looks like the company only offers two scenarios "Mr. Dupree's Office" and a newer one called "James Bomb".

It was really fun!  I highly recommend you check it out!  Also, I met one of the founders/owners of the company, and he was totally cute!  His name was not Mark though, so I probably can't even think about pursuing him.  I did grab his business card though.  The event is held in an office park space in Golden Valley near 169 and hwy 55.

http://escapemsp.com/

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he had a business card on him to give you. So much more on top of it than Big D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the business card was more out on the desk in the reception area, and I took one...and less of him actually giving one to me.

      Delete