I went from having no dates to too many dates! IJL has set me up on 2 dates, I have another tonight and again on Wednesday. Here is a quick run down/update:
Match 1, Michael: very nice, interesting guy with lots of hobbies, who is very analytical. I enjoyed my time with him, but wondered if he had a silly side or would/could bring out that part of my personality. I thought I would go out with him again to see if that piece might come out more now that the awkwardness of any first date has passed. I ended up going out with my second match the following night and definitely felt a spark of chemistry that made me realize that's what I should be looking for and would rather pursue Match 2 than another date with Michael.
Match 2, Joe: fun guy and bonded after realizing the hosts at the restaurant sat us at different tables making us both think we got stood up. We laughed a lot and seemed to have a lot in common, he asked for my number, paid for me (even though it is expressly known to be split on the first date), and even kissed me goodnight. I thought we had awesome chemistry. Didn't hear from him all weekend, so said hello last night and asked if he wanted to hang out Friday. I got a text today saying he had fun and thought we could be friends, but he felt something was "missing" and wished me luck. I'm not gonna lie, I'm bummed and kinda surprised. Dating is hard!
Match 3, Phil: we are going to the Wild hockey game tonight for our first date. I know Phil is 30, never been married, is well traveled, likes to play hockey and golf, is very physically fit and training for a marathon. He sounds great, but I am not sure if he's that into fitness if it will be a good fit? Maybe he likes more cushion on his ladies. ; )
Match 4, John: we are going to Parella in Uptown. I have never even heard of this place! Remember, when we used to go out all the time and knew all the new spots? John apparently is very excited to meet me, enjoys wine tastings, and likes to travel.
Thanks for the updates! It seems like the quality of men is a great improvement from the other sites. Joe, don't kiss "friends" good night. Dumb.
ReplyDelete