Friday, August 15, 2014

Slacker Micki in tha House Tonight

How has it been a whole week since I posted?!  My adoring fans (all 3 of you, and the few randos in Europe that accidentally stumbled upon my page) must be dying for some new material.

What do I have for you this week?

"The Summer of Golf" is drawing to a close.  I took lessons and have played most Wednesdays since May.  According to how I played last week and my scores from August versus May, I am confident in reporting that I don't believe I have made any improvement.  Perhaps this is why leagues are supposed to play the same course every week, so you can see measured progress.  That was the plan until "Sandy Crotch" came along at Theo Wirth.  We abandoned that ship after she yelled at us EVERY week for a month straight.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  I can say that I have learned how to improve my short game.  The execution of chipping and putting isn't always there, but the knowledge of what I'm supposed to be doing managed to find a home in the memory bank.

Bathroom remodel is now officially complete!  I showered in my new bath this morning.  I'll upload a photo later.

Dating and Mating.  Sigh, the topic that perpetually remains in the to-do list.  Two dates were scheduled this week--one last night and one for tonight.

  • Nate, 33, took me out for HH at Cooper's Thursday after work.  I originally suggested Friday as he said he was booked most of this week, to which he replied Fridays are too risky for first dates.  Got the impression he was already planning his escape route.  He enjoys reading and baseball, and apparently egg whites (he eats 5 egg whites and 2 full eggs EVERY day--oatmeal, a sandwich, almonds, and grilled meat round out his diet).  His biceps are about the size of my thighs (and I do not say that implying my thighs are small).  The gym also happens for him everyday.  I can't help but wonder what he'd think of my having eaten McDonald's on my way to the gym; let's keep that between us.  Seems like a nice guy, kinda quiet, routine get to know you questions.  Also Mr. Popular as he kept his phone out on the table and was incessantly distracted with   I was told the ball is now in my court to instigate a second meeting.  I wasn't totally clear if it was supposed to be obvious that he wants to see me again, just that I shouldn't wait for him to ask me out.  
  • Joel, 33, did not have the same problem with Fridays as Nate.  We are going to dinner at Common Roots Cafe tonight.  I suggested it because I have a Chinookbook coupon and have been wanting to try it before the coupon expires 8/31.  Is it inappropriate to use a coupon on a first date?  Frugal is not the first word I would use to describe my spending habits, so I'd hate to give him the wrong idea!  Joel is really into music, like two concerts a week.  We cannot tell him I still listen to the Dave Ryan in the morning show on KDWB.  Pinky swear!  I tried to impress him yesterday by mentioning I checked out Music in Mears and enjoyed Chris Koza.  No response.  His favorite band is REM; he even has 2 (small) REM related tattoos.  Is anyone else getting a hipster vibe here?  He's an attorney, are those two categories mutually exclusive?  
  • Ryan, 35, BSM alum blew off plans two weeks ago and went MIA for a few days.  He finally told me he wasn't ready for a commitment, but randomly sends me text messages now and then asking what I'm doing.  I see he has a new FB friend that is quite attractive, so the pieces are falling into place...
On Saturday I am doing a 26 mile bike trip on the Dakota Rail Trail with a few friends.  Photos and write up on that experience to come.  Until then, TGIF my mojito loving friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment