Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 in review -- how did you do???

Happy Monday!  I wanted to share a review of my goals/resolutions for 2014 before putting up my 2015 items.  Most of my goals in the past have been work and financial related, so I am resolving to continue those as well as add in some personal items for the coming year.  I am also open to suggestions if, as my friend, you would love to see me work on something that you think would make me a better/happier person or if you've done or are working toward something that you found particularly valuable and insightful.

1. Save X amount for retirement.  Accomplished (over by $485 even).

2. Save $10K for house purchase/renovation project.  Accomplished.  I even managed to buy a fixer upper project that will hopefully turn a profit when it's done.

3. Sell 2 houses.  Accomplished (including my own purchase, I did 3 deals in 2014).

4. Donate 3% of full time job income to charity.  This has been a goal the past few years that I try to increase a little every year.  In 2013, the goal was 2% (how sad is it that I wasn't doing more than that anyway and had to set that as a goal...gotta start somewhere though).  I didn't quite hit 3% in 2014, but I did improve over 2013 and ended up with 2.74%.  I supported the following charities: Ragom, YMCA, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Second Harvest Heartland, BSM, Feed My Starving Children, Cystic Fibrosis, Hennepin County Library, KDWB Christmas Wish, Serial Podcast, and Adopt a Family.

5. Complete 15 hours of real estate continuing education.  Accomplished.

6. Complete CPCU 530 Business Law course.  Failed.  The CPCU is an insurance industry designation that requires self reading/study and then taking an exam.  There are 9 sections to complete in order to earn the CPCU designation.  I have completed 4 so far.

7. Remodel master bathroom.  Accomplished.

8. Join a golf league.  Accomplished.  I wasn't as diligent about playing every single week as I should have been, but I did the best I could and also took a helpful golf lesson and clinic this summer.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I did in 2014.  Onto 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment