Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#LillyforTarget

Target revealed today that it's new designer collaboration for this spring...Lilly Pulitzer.  If you are unfamiliar with Lilly, she does a lot of high end designs with wild fabrics like this (an image from her 2014 runway show):


When I went to school in Tennesse, it was very "hot" to have a Lilly dress (one of these sundresses runs about $200).  Expensive but not that expensive--unthinkable to my dead broke college student self, but in the realm of designer wear it's not that expensive.  I think it will be a super fun spring/summer line for sundresses and beachwear, and if it doesn't sell out in 2 seconds like the Missoni line I will probably buy a fun beach cover up or something.

In reading through the comments on the announcement, I had to share my two "favorite" tweets:

@catie_warren says "I really only liked Lilly because not everyone could afford it.  Like, I don't want to wear it if my maid can too."  These people exist, for real???  I feel sick.

@anhall wisely states "its cute for older women but unless ur like 30 it's just [insert cringing face emoji--apparently Blogger doesn't have emojis]"  30?!?!  If 30 is "older women", can I start getting AARP discounts on my breakfast?




1 comment:

  1. Ha is 30 the new age that we can retire to beach communities in Florida? If so, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete